Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hanging in there!

Well, we've had a busy week so I haven't been able to post before now. Work has been hectic and by the time I get home and do all of my "chores", I'm exhausted! On top of that, we've been saying our prayers and religiously keeping an eye on the computer to see if our foster family gets their internet hooked up and running! It appears they have the internet hooked up, have downloaded instant messenger, and possibly have the webcam working. They've sent a few emails this week, which has been great! We actually got a couple of pictures... Josselin, the oldest daughter, just celebrated her quincenera (it's like our version of a sweet sixteen, but they celebrate for the fifteenth birthday). I'm attaching the one picture of Josselin in her gown with Lili, and another of Ligia (foster mom), Josselin, Jessica and Susana (three foster daughters), and some of Ligia's aunts with Lili.



Also, we got our updated pictures of Lili today from our agency (I've posted a couple in the column to the right!)! They send one of the coordinators in Guatemala to each of the foster homes once per month to take photos of the babies so that they can send them to the adoptive families. Also, the doctor visits the families once a month to take updated measurements... as of 2/7, Lili weighed in at 9 pounds! It's funny... Max weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces at birth, and Lili barely weighs that much at 2 months old! No wonder she seems so tiny!


We're preparing for our next visit trip to Guatemala... leave Chicago on Saturday 3/3, return on Friday 3/9. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to hold Lili and see how much she's changed! I'm sure it'll be just as awful leaving her as it was on our first trip, but it's worth it to be able to see her and bond with her. Also, it's wonderful getting to know the foster family and having the chance to explore Lili's birthplace!

No comments: